Thursday, June 23, 2011

This week in Lansing....

I had a wonderful time in Lansing last week!

Senator Green's chief-of-staff couldn't come with him at the start of session,
so I got to tag along and ended up sitting with the senator
on the floor during senate session!
(senators are only allowed one staffer on the floor during session)

me

The Curriculum Beyond the Classroom group met at the 
Lansing office of Truscott Rossman
Michigan's premier strategic communications firm.
 The president of the company, John Truscott, was our guest speaker.

Mr. Truscott and I

Mr. Truscott was also press secretary to former governor John Engler.

-The group-

I also secured plenty of free ice cream products in the Michigan Capitol as the 
Michigan Dairy Food Association sponsored its annual Dairy Foods Awareness Day.  

I definitely increased my awareness:)



1 comment:

  1. What a great opportunity, ice cream, & fantastic about being on the Senate floor!!!

    ReplyDelete